Setting the tone for the first installment of #Marley’Smacked Meals, created by Vegetarian chef Sesheta ‘Marley’ Nai, is a favorite and necessary musical selection. Serving as the official soundtrack for your first attempt at a sophisticated smacked snack, is none other than, NxWorries’ Yes Lawd!
You’re missing out big time if you haven’t heard this album from Knxwledge and Anderson Paak. Anderson’s raspy vocals and Knxwledge’s soulful production is the perfect mixture for success. It’ll put your mind at ease and help you concentrate on creating this crunchy, cheesy sandwich.
Today’s meal, like most dishes will be vegetarian. I’m not even sure what to call this but it’s a grilled cheese and it’s good as fuck so we’ll call it just that; Good As Fuck Grilled Cheese.
2 slices bread of your choice
4 teaspoons butter
3 slices America cheese
3 tablespoons of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried marjoram leaf
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1.5 teaspoons dried basil
3 tablespoons canned diced tomato or fresh diced tomato
1/4 teaspoon black lava salt (regular salt works too)
Garlic powder to taste (I do a few sprinkles)
1. In a heavy cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt 2 teaspoons of butter.
2. Place both slices of bread in a single layer in pan. Grill until golden.
3. Remove from pan. Turn off burner.
4. Put 1 and a half slices of cheese on golden side of one slice. Spread Parmesan on top of cheese. Spoon tomatoes on top of Parmesan. Sprinkle all seasonings on the tomatoes. Put remaining slice and a half of cheese on top of seasoned tomatoes. Place second slice of bread golden side down on top.
5. Turn burner back on low. Add 1 teaspoon butter and place whole sandwich in pan until golden again. Flip carefully and repeat.
6. If cheese hasn’t melted then put in an oven or toaster oven until melted.
7. Slice (or don’t slice if you’re a savage) and serve.
…. And Voila Magic ….